Monday, October 10, 2011

land of cheap beer and hockey tickets

I swear, if I stay in Prague longer than I'm meant to, it's because of the cheap hockey tickets. I'm planning on going to another Sparta Praha game on the 23 October, and I just checked the ticket prices and they're only 135 crowns EACH! And that's for a seat which, at Rogers Arena, would be around $200. 135Kc does not equate to $200, fyi. 135 Kc is only.... $8. zomfg.

Also, at those hockey games you can get a beer for about a dollar. Whaaaaaat.

In other news, it rained again today. And, yet again, I'm reminded of how much I love rain (except for when I wear my hair down and it messes it up). To top it all off, I listened to the Tron soundtrack on my way home, which instantly made me feel like every single thing I did was out-of-this-world epic. Definitely equates to AWESOME.

I also realized today that I've been spending the past 8 weeks (I know, 8 weeks! in Prague!) not enjoying Prague as much as I should have. That means that my remaining 5 weeks must be all-out enjoyed. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to go party ridiculously hard in the coming weeks. It just means that I'm not going to rely as much on things back home, and rely more on savoring this experience as much as I can. Prague is a really neat place, and I can't believe it's taken me until now to really have it click that I'm living abroad. Living here really has helped (?) me retreat into my introverted ways, since I hardly understand a lick of what anyone is saying around me. The school has been amazing in that way, not just for learning a ton as a teacher, but in letting me have a release and talk to people in a language I understand. I do think I'm going to be in a serious culture shock when I get home and can understand everyone and actually have to converse with the person at a cash register instead of blankly smiling at them.

Anyway, I've got to go eat some dinner and finish planning one of my lesson for tomorrow. Then I've got some marking to do (and by some, I mean about 20 essays). Then I can go to bed. I'll leave you with a video which I plan to use in my year 7 History lesson on Thursday:

No comments:

Post a Comment