Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day in Prague

Boy, do I feel out of place. I thought, from everything that I had read, people here would speak a fair amount of English. But, I was wrong. Very, very wrong. The only people who seem to speak English (as in, beyond a couple of words) are the folks working at the desk in my hostel. Oh, lordy.

Well, at least I have a good sense of direction. I managed to make it back to my hostel 3 - count it, 3! - times today, all without feeling completely lost. I also made it all the way to Prague Castle, Old Town Square, and Wenceslas Square. Very cool. I will definitely be going back to all of those places later, but for today I simply walked around and czech'd (haha, I'm so clever) everything out.

So, on to some photos. I took about 200 today, but I've only edited a handful. I'll do more later, but I'm so tired and roasting hot that I want to just lay down. So, without any further ado:

Czech street on the way up to Prague Castle

New Royal Palace at Noon; changing of the guards began right after this photo was taken.

Castle Guard; definitely not the type of guard you'd find at Buckingham Palace.

Prague from the Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment