Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Night in Prague

Well... I'm here. After nearly 5 months of waiting and dreaming and excitement, I'm here. The hostel I'm staying at (the Czech Inn ... get it?) is really quite nice. But it's also busy, and I had a moment of weakness when I got here and decided to get a single room instead of stay in the 10-bed female dorm. Which I think is, though expensive, a good idea because there's a lot of partying happening and I'm guessing a lot of those partiers are the ones staying in the dorms. That, and I will be here until at least Monday so I want a private room to get ready in the morning of my first day at PBS.

Anyway, I'll take my first look around the city tomorrow. I saw Prague Castle on the drive to the hostel which was really cool, and then a really beautiful church and another building which looks important, but I don't know quite what it is.  It's really, really warm here (especially compared to Glasgow!) and I have my window open, hoping to have the room cool down, but so far no luck. That, and it's quite noisy outside (which really shouldn't surprise me, since I'm in the middle of a city...). There's trams going by, and a lot of cars (I've heard quite a few tire squeals and the like).

I'm going to bed, but I'll leave you with this, the view from my window the first night in Prague:


1 comment: