Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Win At My Game.

Larly made fun of me for saying that I'm so good at my "Find the Designer brand" game. But, in my defense, you have to know designer names in order to spot them. So, +1 for me for being so materialistic that I can spot several different designer brands! Well, anyway, today was parent's night for the year 7 students, and I struck gold in my game. I spotted: 2 Louis Vuitton handbags, a Valentino handbag, a Chanel handbag, a Fendi handbag, 3 (3!!!!) Gucci handbags, and a Burberry scarf. Holy hannah.

I also found out today that I finally got an English class to work with. I'll be working with a teacher who's brand new to the school, but is awesome and is game to have me come and work with her! It's for a year 7 (6th grade) class. And - get this - she told me what the "class reader" (i.e. the book they're reading first) is, and it's none other than the book I literally just finished reading this past weekend - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. !!! That makes me really excited. I can't wait to start - in fact, tomorrow is the first day I get to be in the classroom with them, and next week we start the book. Yay!

Also, I have taught the last two lessons with my year 8 class. I've finally learned their names, so that's definitely a step in the right direction. I also got to do the introductory activity with my year 7 class today - we watched "I Just Can't Wait to be King" and talked about what qualities a good King should have (btw, I planned that activity all on my own, so *self high-five*). Then, halfway through the lesson, Katie (my CT for that class) leans over and says, "Right. You're going to plan and present the lesson on Thursday. Okay?" I think I stared at her like a deer in the headlights, so she kept asking if I was okay with it, and I kept having to say, "No, no! I'm so excited! I can't wait!" She told me it was a sign of confidence. So, that's cool.

Anyway, it's nearly my bedtime, and you know I'm strict about my bedtime. So that means I've got to go, but I thought I'd give an update. Because today was a fantastic day, methinks, and I just wanted to share my excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment